Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September Scattershot

Two posts in one week, from Zarat? One must wonder, has he finally been replaced with a robot brain, setting aside human emotions for cold efficiency? Maybe the Gjallarhorn has sounded, and as the Fenris Wolf breaks his bonds, one last post is written before the world is plunged into poison and fire. Or perhaps he is nursing a hangover from drinking too much Four Loko like a hipster douchebag, and cannot muster the manual dexterity to procrastinate on video games. There's some truth to all of these; whatever the cause, here's some Scattershot.

-----
Normal Weather Flying bitches, I've been waiting for them to announce that for months. I am shocked it's only 250g extra, which is a lot at level 60, and trivial at 78. All I can see it doing is fucking over people who want to level up their gathering professions before going to Outland. What I'm wondering is, what fate will Cold Weather Flying suffer? 1000g to use it for one level before rolling to the new content is a cold rip off, but how else will you get saronite and saronite-herb-equivalent when all the zones that have it assume flying mount? Tell you what Blizz, get rid of CWF, or at least nerf the cost, and I'll call that a wash.

-----
So I might well be rolling Disc as my healing spec in Cata. Not because of PW:Barrier, or any interesting mechanic like that; to the contrary, I fucking love Chakra so much more than the boring shit Disc uses. Penance, yeah, that's a dynamic spell. No no, I would go Disc because when I heal, I want to H-E-A-L. Not DPS, as apparently everyone else wants to do, and Disc allows me to ignore those talents without just wasting points. I'm a horrible min-maxer in every game I play; casting some shitty Smite to feel like I'm involved by coming in just below the tanks is not my idea of fun. It's wasted talent points during a pinch, because you'll be casting heals every global. So it comes into play only when it doesn't matter anyway. Healers should heal; if you want to spam roll a mage.

-----
Let's do a quick overview of Goblins as a people. They're all about making money, have lax ethical standards, are short, unattractive, with large noses, and did I mention money? Oh, and they have a Jewish accent-WOAH THERE! I mean, we all knew the joke was there to be made, but I never thought Blizzard would be the one to make it. To be fair, the male sounds more like a generic New Yorker, but the female voice is blatantly Jewy, all but complaining about her overbearing mother and gushing about lox. I really gotta wonder if once gobbos are on live, if they won't take a little heat from some anti-defamation league.

-----
You have no idea how much I love archaeology. Holy fucking monkey balls I love it. An optional ongoing side project that gives players backstory in bite sized pieces, and is incentivized by vanity items, BoE epics, and a small bit of raid utility. Plus it boasts ungankable nodes, extra progress on an item "rolls over" when completed, AND it's an organic and productive way to explore all the zone changes. Sploosh. My largest complaint about WoW has always been it doesn't tell it's story through the game proper, and I think that may be a whine of the past soon. I'm almost tempted to forgo leveling and max out Archaeology when Cata comes to town.

2 comments:

  1. As much as I also love Archaeology I will strangle you till your face is as red as a baboons ass if you forgo leveling for it.

    - Zulrohk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the Four Lokos, curiosity killed the cats and gave us wicked hangovers.

    ReplyDelete